Custom Sub box for a 2003 in the factory location...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would like to use the area where the 8" sub is already, but want more bass than the 8 gives. I would buy another 8 with a longer Xmax/higher sensitivity, but an 8" probably wont do it... I have an aftermarket Sony head unit that has sub outs, and want to know what others have done. I have a Kicker 10W4DVC laying around, and a single Kicker 12W4SVC... I have an amp already to power either. I assume there isnt room for a 12, but what about a 10? Has anyone build a custom enclosure that works in the factory location? Thank you for yiour help!

Does anyone have the factory specs on the stock 8 and amp? I heard it is [email protected] it doesn't like 2 ohms.

Lostneye

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The JL Audio Stealth box will fit and that uses a 10. I replaced the 8 in my 05 Navi with the THX system with a Polk MM and a JBL 500W amp, it's better than stock but don't expect miracles. The factory 8 is stamped 2 ohms/50w per coil.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
stealthbox is the way to go unless u custom make a box to fix in there...if u go custom u could get a 12 in there if it is shallow mount

Lostneye

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And don't forget sound deadening. I got much more vibration after upgrading the 8" in the factory box. Some sound deadener and also foam around the speaker to keep it vibrating against and the sound going through the grill in the panel made a difference.

Johnnyredgtr

Reaction score
And don't forget sound deadening. I got much more vibration after upgrading the 8" in the factory box. Some sound deadener and also foam around the speaker to keep it vibrating against and the sound going through the grill in the panel made a difference.

Good to know... i have Dynamat laying around in the garage so, will be using it.