Day Late - New Guy from N-FL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Notrega

Reaction score
I bought a 2005 Eddie Bauer 4x4 Expedition thus week. It has 142k miles but the body and interior are in excellent condition, no dings, no faded paint, no tears in the seats, or stains in the carpet. It has everything but navigation and heated seats. The only thing I am missing is floor mats.

The carfax shows clean history with 2 owners and all the scheduled maintenance.

It runs well and drives great, the wife calls it "The Beast".

I paid $6,800 for it and KBB says that's a good deal for that vehicle.

I have been reading through this forum but what do I need to know?

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
welcome.

If it were my new-to-me purchase, i'd baseline the maintenance items to keep it running smoothly, then delve into other areas that need attention.

PanHandler.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think what he's trying to say is change all the fluids and check all wear items like brakes and joints. Unless you have some written log of any maintenance done, you don't know for sure. Make every thing start fresh. I would also recommend, get the plugs changed. 2nd gen are notorious for plugs sticking and breaking off in the hole. MAJOR PITA.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Notrega

Notrega

Reaction score
I think what he's trying to say is change all the fluids and check all wear items like brakes and joints. Unless you have some written log of any maintenance done, you don't know for sure. Make every thing start fresh. I would also recommend, get the plugs changed. 2nd gen are notorious for plugs sticking and breaking off in the hole. MAJOR PITA.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Got it - thanks...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PaulMedik