Dealership troubles................

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99exbyut

Reaction score
ive still got my bags on mine. been trying to figure out to hook them up manualy so i can control them with out getting that check suspension light. that way when i tow it wont have the sag to it.

OP
OP
Erich Zeppelin

Erich Zeppelin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ive still got my bags on mine. been trying to figure out to hook them up manualy so i can control them with out getting that check suspension light. that way when i tow it wont have the sag to it.

Just do the rear air bags like the old air shocks, run new air lines to your rear bumper, drill one or two holes for the air fittings (look like the ones on your tires) and fill them as needed.

Expeditionary

Full Access Members
Reaction score
honestly i hate to be "that guy" because I have seen that you have been having ALOT of trouble with the air suspension on this truck and I have to say just F%&# it and coil spring the B*tch Monroe part #90010 for 4wd and 90006 for 2wd, its about $200 from rockauto but you can get it from streetside auto for cheaper, you just have to lookup a coupon code.
Get a buddy to help you (not necessary) the ONLY hard part is getting the driver side shock for the rear on... the rest is cake with a socket set and common sense. Mine didn't even come with instructions and we did it in 2 hours or so

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
there is a company called airbagit.com i think thats the site they are based in mesa,az like half mile from me and they sell coils CHEAP its worth lookin them up and giving them a call

OP
OP
Erich Zeppelin

Erich Zeppelin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
uhm...............

honestly i hate to me "that guy" because I have seen that you have been having ALOT of trouble with the air suspension on this truck and I have to say just F%&# it and coil spring the B*tch Monroe part #90010 for 4wd and 90006 for 2wd, its about $200 from rockauto but you can get it from streetside auto for cheaper, you just have to lookup a coupon code.
Get a buddy to help you (not necessary) the ONLY hard part is getting the driver side shock for the rear on... the rest is cake with a socket set and common sense. Mine didn't even come with instructions and we did it in 2 hours or so

Well I'm screwed, I have no common sense, just ask my wife, she'll yell, I mean tell you.................. but really, I have only one problem, but it seems that no one on the forum has any solutions except to swap out the air for coils and shocks, and I really dont want to do that.

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I'm screwed, I have no common sense, just ask my wife, she'll yell, I mean tell you.................. but really, I have only one problem, but it seems that no one on the forum has any solutions except to swap out the air for coils and shocks, and I really dont want to do that.

i think thats everyones solution because its the easiest lol. i understand why you dont want to change them but the coils are alot more reliable in some ways. and its just alot less to go wrong down the road. my dads friend has an expedition with rear air bags and hes replaced every single piece including the compressor in the past six months

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my friend had the bags on his till he blew one lol but i really didnt notice much of a difference in the ride so i dont see the point in keeping them plus everyone who has the bags seems to have so many issues with em thats why everyone says get coils we have no problems with ours plus if your on a road trip and blow a bag it just ruined your whole trip its not worth riskin especially with the problem prone air setups that they put on the expy