dEATH WOBBLE- 01 expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

bcmaxx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you ever find the cause of this, I have experienced the same shake in my 1998 expedition. I have had it checked at shops and no one can seem to find any issues.

CWR

No, I just did the shocks saturday and havent had a chance to really drive it. rear shocks were bagged, but the fronts felt fine. All front end is tight, balljoints, tie rod ends, steering box, and pitman, hub units. I'll post back if shocks cured my wobble.

revellgordon1

Reaction score
I just replaced the Ball Joints and the Upper Control Arms on my 98' Expedition and it has Death Wobble now, is it because it is out of alignment now cause before I replaced all that stuff it never happened so if anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated Thx :p

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just replaced the Ball Joints and the Upper Control Arms on my 98' Expedition and it has Death Wobble now, is it because it is out of alignment now cause before I replaced all that stuff it never happened so if anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated Thx :p

More than likely yes. If you replaced the uppers, you need to do an alignment. I did my absolute best to keep those within spec in my driveway, and I still managed to get my tires to run with crazy camber. I drove maybe 2 miles to drop it off at the alignment shop and the tires were hot to the touch.

OP
OP
B

bcmaxx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Forsure needs an alignment after upper arms.. shocks cured my death wobble btw

99EB4x4

Reaction score
I had this same issue felt like being in a paint shaker when it would happen. Finally fixed. Pitman arm and idler arm. The drag link could stwist back and forth rather than only moving horizontally. Seems like they should have used 2 idler arms like most vehicles instead of a pitman arm that also acts as a idler arm on the drivers side. My steering felt very tight but I had a bit of bump steer now that is solved.