debadging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdw2003

Reaction score
I have an 07 expy and I am wanting to debadge the expedition emblem and the RSC emblem from the back of the trunk. Does anyone know if there are guide holes or if it is just stuck on there with 3M tape?

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am 99% sure the second and third gen vehicles are just on with double sided sticky tape. I an sure someone else will chime in soon on a 100% verdict though.

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
07-08 expys leave holes behind every badge (the ones on the doors and tailgate) 09+ don't have the door badges no more.

rick chitown

Full Access Members
Reaction score
and these guide-holes are so ridiculously stupid... my '05 did not have, my '10 does... ask me how I know. what exactly is the purpose? a lazy body shop guy that can't the badge on straight after an accident? Or perhaps the guy on the line at the factory that doesn't have the right tool to apply it straight... just dumb. that's my .02 cents anyway.

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When the holes where the emblem pins enter are welded shut.

To go from this:

DSC01455.jpg

To this:

l_3e27c59d70b147839f131808975a250d.png

TO THIS:

101_1338.jpg

rick chitown

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If it bothers you so much get it shaved.

Funny, cause it almost DOES bother me that much, just not quite there yet, lol. That just seems like alot of work and expense to remove something that I, as the consumer, should just be able to pull off. Double-sided adhesive is more than adequate for installation. there is NOT a need for the holes was my only point.

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seeing Ive done this, Ill give you the answer. The RSC badge on the right does not have any holes, you can remove it. The large expedition one on the left does along with the side ones.

I have a 2007:D