Disable side airbags

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nitin

Reaction score
Is there anyway to disable the side airbags? I recently joined an off roading club and we went dune bashing and the Marshal told that Expeditions have a problem of side airbags deploying during desert driving and it is best to disable it. We couldn't find any option for it also the fuse box diagram also doesn't show any fuse for side airbags.

z8891

Reaction score
Is there anyway to disable the side airbags? I recently joined an off roading club and we went dune bashing and the Marshal told that Expeditions have a problem of side airbags deploying during desert driving and it is best to disable it. We couldn't find any option for it also the fuse box diagram also doesn't show any fuse for side airbags.
Have you found it?

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I suspect you would need to unplug these side airbags to disable them. most cars, all airbags go off at once

looks like on my 2019 wiring diagrams, *everything* airbag related plugs into the RCM, Restraints Control Module, which appears to be under the armrest part of the center console, and has two connectors, C310A, and C310B. The RCM also is connected to the HS2 CANbus module communications network. all the impact sensors, air bags/curtains, and seat belt tensioners, etc connect to the RCM via one or the other of those two connectors.