Disabling Rear Seat Stuff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shutterbug57

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok, I have grand kids. I also have a ‘19 Limited Max. I will frequently carry my grand kids in the truck. They are 5, 4, 3 & 1. I have figured out how to:
- set the kid locks in the doors (did this on day 1)
- disable the rear window controls (in response to the 4 yo playing with the window)
- disable the rear climate controls ( in response to the 5 yo setting the rear to low and blasting the fan)(does this also disable the seat heaters???)

I have not figured out how to:
- disable the rear radio controls
- disable the third row recline feature
- disable the rear seat heaters (if not linked to the climate controls)
- turn off the rear reading lights from the front seat. I don’t necessarily want to disable these, but when jr. falls asleep, I would like to turn off his light without having to stop.

I appreciate any input.

Randy Schmidt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
- disable the rear radio controls don't think this is possible
- disable the third row recline feature know this isn't possible
- disable the rear seat heaters (if not linked to the climate controls) pulling fuse in front passenger kick panel
- turn off the rear reading lights from the front seat. I don’t necessarily want to disable these, but when jr. falls asleep, I would like to turn off his light without having to stop. know this isn't possible

Wish I had better news.

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you want to disable radio controls in the rear I think you can lock them down by disabling in audio controls, much like rear AC controls. As for recliner switches for third row, you could always pop the switch out and disconnect the harness. Semi permanent I know but effective.

The most effective way to stop switch meddling is to tell them “no”. Harsh I agree, the new generations don’t like this word, you may be confused for dictators or Nazis, but when done with explanation, assertiveness, and consequences this tends to be the most effective means to control finger poking of buttons.

benyl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
To turn off the reading lights in the back, you can press this button to turn them all on and then once again to turn them all off.

fa19b870f09fc3707af7322cbe11c22d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

benyl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
To turn off the reading lights in the back, you can press this button to turn them all on and then once again to turn them all off.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Yep. Very handy button. If the kids in the back want their lights on, driver can press that button to turn all the cabin lights on and then just press the driver’s button to individually turn his own off.

OP
OP
S

Shutterbug57

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Good call. I just tested it out and if one or more kids turns on his/her light, that button will turn them all on then off. Thanks.