DIY Cold Air Intake pics please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeltonaExp

Reaction score
I have the drop in K&N filter for my 5.4L 99. I want to keep it as close to factory as possible ( i think the plastic is a poor heat conductor. But I do want a better flowing intake! Can You guys/gals post your DIY CAI pics please!!

Thanks

RHSC

Reaction score
This is a Spectre intake kit I got from Autozone. Retail was $179.99. I got it for $139.99 because it was priced wrong. It's a bit dirty as you can see by the pic. I need to clean up the whole engine bay soon, damn! It was easy to install, and took me about 45 minutes in my driveway. The K&N should be about the same. Good luck. I am happy with mine.

Attachments

• DSC00561.jpg
    DSC00561.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 385

RHSC

Reaction score
More air = more power, improved throttle response, and quicker acceleration.
The factory tube that sits inside the driver's front fender remains in place after the install of the intake kit, and will bring in colder air than what is under the hood. The increased air flow from the intake kit is noticable right away.

OP
OP
D

DeltonaExp

Reaction score
Thanks. That looks bigger than the stock air intake by far! I'm surprised the hood closes :) I was thinking of going ultra cheap and making mine out of some pvc I have laying around. Then buying what ever adapter I need. Maybe wrapping the pipes with insulation. I'm taking a long road trip this summer & figure now is a good time to get it done.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69