Does anyone have any experience with 55 watt 3000k HIDs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

masterhacker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Im going to install a set of 55W Hid's into my expedition once i can get a straight answer about some projector headlights i found. I want I know if they still use the dual bulb, or the separate high/ low (i see two of those reflector thing's). if anyone knows I would appreciate any help

Heres link:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GRM-09-1153/

dougmcp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Those will use 2 bulbs, one low beam HID for the projector and one Halogen high beam in the reflector base.
Word of warning, 55w HIDs run really hot an may melt the projector housing,
I'd stick with 35w, they are 3 times brighter than what you have now.

Attachments

• Ford Headlight AngelEyes copy.jpg
    Ford Headlight AngelEyes copy.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 127
OP
OP
Dexter

Dexter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I saw someone with 3000k lows yesterday and they look good.

dougmcp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I saw someone with 3000k lows yesterday and they look good.
I know the the 3000K is used in inclement weather, snow, fog etc. but I'm not sure how well these light up the road when it's clear and dry.

joecrotch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
From my understanding 3000k's are usually used in conjunction with 4300k's and the 3000's are used in bad weather only (besides the JDM look all the street racers try to mimic what they don't realize is in japan they only use them for bad weather as well) because they cut through snow and fog and are on the lower end of visible light color. you would definitely use 4300k to get the most light to the road anything else you are sacrificing visibility. The best I can do is show you. here is a link, and remember with 3000's they will appear green when warming up give it a bit to change to yellow. go to bottom of the page for comparison pics http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?38003-fog-lights

Sorry for the rant HID and Projector retro fits are kind of a passion of mine. I have been researching them for years and still consider myself a novice.

Last edited: