door ajar fuse location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frankiep

Reaction score
does any body now what number fuse or realy controls the door ajars on a 2000 expedition xlt , and where it is located , thank you

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's because it says door ajar in the dash, try spraying WD40 in the latches (drench them), and open and close the doors a few times (some people close them rather forcefully). It tends to work, since it unsticks the door ajar sensor.

OP
OP
F

frankiep

Reaction score
thanks for replying elvato, but its not the smae door ajar problem every one seems to be having where the door ajar light comes on and the dome lights stay on . and i have already tried the wd40 trick twice . i having a different problem , i had a aftermarket compustar alarm installed and it keeps going off, the audio shop says its because a door has been triggerd and ford is known for bad door ajars. but there is no door ajar light comming on or doom lights , so i wanna try and pull the fuse that controls the door ajars and see if the alarm still goes off, if it dosent then i know its a door ajar sensor problem , if it does go off then i know it has to be some thing else and i can take it back to the audio shop. but i dont know which fuse or relay controls the door ajars, ive looked in the owners manual and it dosent list door ajars. if you or some one you know could tell me wich one it is , i would really apreciate it , thanks

warren

Reaction score
That pesky door alarm

Like so many others, I'd like to disable the door alarm completely, or at least the speaker. It's not only annoying but it's downright painful and drowns out the radio when I'm working out of my vehicle, door open to hear it.

Any takers...?..

Thanks,

Warren