Door Automatic Unlocking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did not realize shifting into park before shutting off the car unlocked the back doors.

Wali4vr

Reaction score
A whole lot of ******* and moaning bout nothing. Except for autostop/start the locks are set up for passengers safety not driver convenience. The autostop is for saving wasted fuel. Anyone noticed how quietly AND QUICKLY the auto start activates the engine and trans engagement?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A whole lot of ******* and moaning bout nothing. Except for autostop/start the locks are set up for passengers safety not driver convenience. The autostop is for saving wasted fuel. Anyone noticed how quietly AND QUICKLY the auto start activates the engine and trans engagement?

Nope, I haven’t noticed because I turn it off upon each startup lol

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I don't give a rat's ass about any of that. When I buy a car and spend that much money on it everything about it better be driver convenience. They have 10, 000 to $15,000 worth of extra add-ons all about technology and convenience? They want to give you Wi-Fi digital screens and tablets and power ports everywhere including up your you know what.
That's what test drives are all about! Most the stuff they built today is crap design anyways. Maybe 50 or 60% of it hits the mark but they come so far from doing a near-perfect job that they could do if they would listen to customer input and give us options.
I am the one who decides about passenger safety regarding when my doors are locked and unlocked not the auto manufacture. I am the one paying the bill to fill up the tank I will make that decision too about whether fuel is wasted or not and how much.
Me me me me me, yes because that's what it's all about when I'm going out there shopping for a new vehicle and they're trying to woo me to give them a huge amount of money.

Wali4vr

Reaction score
Buy a less expensive vehicle. Hundreds of tests have proven locked doors save lives. Poor thing, has to push a button. Such hard work. VERY difficult to do.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Buy a less expensive vehicle. Hundreds of tests have proven locked doors save lives. Poor thing, has to push a button. Such hard work. VERY difficult to do.

So if I spend less money and don't pay a premium for a vehicle then they have the right to aggravate me by not giving me convenience features?? That's kind of loopy logic.
See 11 posts above and you will notice I mentioned that I get in a habit of pushing the button as I pull up to let people in or let people out. I do this whether the doors are locked or not because in all my Town Cars I disable the auto locks. My wife used to have an expedition and I never bothered to reprogram it so hers would always lock so when I was dropping off and picking up the kids I just push the button. Now she drives a Trailblazer and it's the same way. It's not a big deal like you mentioned. I never once complained about having to do it. I complained about a manufacturer not giving you the option to customize the vehicle to your particular way because you're the one that bought it and you should calling the shots.
Once again, I don't give a rat's ass about what studies show or what's safer.
I'm not going to have a vehicle manufacture forcing my doors to lock because it's safer. I will decide if I want the extra level of safety or not. Safety versus convenience, safety versus freedom, been a lot of comparisons over these over the past 200+ something years.
Actually, I've never bought a new vehicle and and almost certainly never will. Even if I were to have tons and tons of money to buy new and not even miss the money I would still buy one six months to a year old I let someone else take the hit on depreciation. I'm just a cheap bastard.
I can say that because I'm calling myself a cheap bastard but you coming in here and telling people that they're doing a lot of ******** and moaning which is basically calling them ******** and moaners and cry babies and not offering any suggestions as to what the original poster was asking, let me show you the door real quickly.
This is a forum where I come to relax, have fun, and make friends, I think others might agree with me but I certainly don't appreciate you're condescending, combative, or petty attitude or tone toward any of our members.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nope, I haven’t noticed because I turn it off upon each startup lol
Auto Start/Stop is also able to be disabled in Forscan to save you the trouble of hitting the button at each startup. I disabled mine within the first week of ownership and it has worked as desired.