Door Jamb Switch/Sensor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoos95

Reaction score
Having an issue with my driver door on a 2007 Expedition EL. Door locks work, but the vehicle doesn’t seem to react to when my driver door opens or closes. For example, if I park and have the radio on, after the turn off the ignition key and open the driver door, the radio doesn’t go off. Same thing happens with interior lights, they come on when other doors open but if it’s just the driver door, they don’t.

Is there a door jamb sensor or switch that needs to be replaced?

Thank you

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There is no door jamb switch.

The switch is part of the door lock actuator assembly, and must be replaced as an assembly.

It is possible that you have a broken or damaged wire inside the rubber accordion conduit that runs between the door and the A pillar - near the door hinges.

babycakes311

Reaction score
I had the same issue as Hoos95 in my 2007 EL. A broken or damaged wire is possible but the switch is replaceable. I got a replacement from Amazon. Here is the part number I used.
Ford 3F2Z-13713-AA Switch Assembly - Interior Lamp

There are some pictures here to give you an idea of how to. You will need to remove the inner door panel. I was able to get mine replaced without removing the outside door handle. https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/ford-door-jamb-switch-replacement.22003/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FukNshT