Door removal question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

babysilk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is there anyway to easily remove the front doors......That means disconnecting the electrical and making it so the car doesnt think a door is ajar?

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This might seem mean but why not just buy a Jeep Wrangler? Easier, cheaper and more that can be modified.

OP
OP
babysilk

babysilk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A jeep is too expensive for me right now and I like being different. The thought never crossed my mind until I saw a doorless ranger in a magazine today. Just was wondering if it could be done easily.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The doors themselves are easy. For the wiring, I would see how many wires there actually are and then call a place like http://www.painlesswiring.com/ and see if they make or can make a plug that can be spliced in and then disconnected whenever you want.

AaronLG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ever do anything with this? Only thing that would suck would be no sound since speakers are in the doors.

Last edited:

AaronLG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Took the door panel off and looked into it. The only issue is the wiring. Not sure if it is going to screw anything up if I cut the wires and make new connections for them.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
aaron you could always move the speakers to kick panels or if you have center console put them there.