Door: Rubber Seals and Wetaher Stripping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ntistnt

Reaction score
I have a 2000 Ford Expedition Interceptor XLT 5.4L AWD that has a lot of wind noise. I am looking to replace the weather stripping and rubber seals. Not looking to pay dealer prices. Anyone have a good source or some part numbers and manufacturers I can look up?

Thanks,

Norm

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tascaparts.com has them, but they're still expensive, 40-50 per part.

OP
OP
N

ntistnt

Reaction score
Yikes

Thanks! Think a trip to a junk yard might revela some replacement parts worthy of salvage? Or would I be wasting my time? Better to go with new?

Looks like about 80-100 per door if I read the diagram and parts list right.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are yours disintegrating, or what? Salvage yard is always a good idea. Never know what you may find. If you can find a good donor car, you could find other random, cheap tidbits. :D

OP
OP
N

ntistnt

Reaction score
Not desinigrating.

I just get a lot of wind noise from around the drivers side and passenger front doors. If I pull in slightly on the door the wind noise goes away. could it be something is simply out of adjustment? The seals seem to be fine no checking, cracking, etc. a bit stiff but that is about it. I also think that since this old girl was an ex Fresno County Sherriff Cruiser that the dual through the door jam spot lights on both sides are also causing part of the wind noise problem. I'm really just trying to find a solution for that.

OP
OP
N

ntistnt

Reaction score
Junk Yard

Quoted me $35 for complete set minus 1 right door seal already salvaged. Should I take em. any adjustments or secrets to eliminating the wind noise.

Seals seem to be fine. If I heated up what I have and tried to reshape it a abit would that work its only out by an 1/8 inch or so that is causing the king noise. Any suggestions besides new or used seals.

Flyin700

Reaction score
Are you missing any of the round rubber stoppers/bushings in the door itself? I was missing a few of them and the tops of the doors kept bending out of shape making the top of the door stick out further. This was creating the wind noise coming from the top. I bent the door by pushing on the bottom (from the inner side) and pulling in the top. I need to get a few more. Gremlins must be stealing them. My 2007 F350 has the same loud wind noise but not as bad as the Expy.

Rockunlimited2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
pull off the weather stripping and run some surgical tubing inside of the striping. It will add slight pressure to the seal and seal the door. I used an electrical snake and wd 40 to get it to slide in. There is a vid on youtube of a guy who did the same thing.

EDIT: Sorry, this is 6 months old. my bad.

Last edited:

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
check LMC truck they have stuff for tehe 1st gen expy's as well as jc whitney im not sure of the quality from jc thou

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1