Door side molding.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bocco

Reaction score
So thinking about repainting my 2000. My door side molding look bad. The fake plastic chrome inserts are shot. I'm wondering if anybody has removed the chrome and just painted them with the rest of the truck and if so how does it come out?

thanks

Gary

Petesexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So thinking about repainting my 2000. My door side molding look bad. The fake plastic chrome inserts are shot. I'm wondering if anybody has removed the chrome and just painted them with the rest of the truck and if so how does it come out?

thanks

Gary
I replaced the fake chrome inserts (with cool black ones) - they are just glued on. The entire molding required that you remove the inside panel and remove them from the inside.

Joemz9

Reaction score
I removed mine! I normally do it to all my cars they don't really protect anything in my opinion. But just be patient removing the glue and a 17 year old truck still looks good.

Reaction score
I removed mine! I normally do it to all my cars they don't really protect anything in my opinion. But just be patient removing the glue and a 17 year old truck still looks good.
How did you remove the tape/glue? I removed mine but am stuck (pun intended) figuring out how to remove the glue.

Thanks in advance

Joemz9

Reaction score
Soaked it in goo off then with a plastic razor the scare ones. Wish I knew that from the get go I was using elbow grease and that was taking a while.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett