Door Speaker Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordRacing1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Im going to be buying all new door speakers and figrued I might as well get a 4 channel amp to go with it to improve sound quality. Whats a reasonably priced speaker that is good. I like the infinity kappas but they are $149 a set and didnt know if there was a cheaper speaker that sounds good hooked to an amp

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me, I found changing out the OEM headunit for an aftermarket one helped a lot as well.

What I currently have is some cheap Pioneer 2 way speakers in the front, and OEMs in the 2nd row. The Pioneers give the clearer highs, while the OEMs give somewhat of a midbass. I do, eventually, want to switch out the OEMs for something with better midbass, but since it sounds fine right now, it's not very high on my list of mods.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
go to crutchfield.com and input your info and look at the discounted/dent section for cheap pricing...they will also show you cheap speakers under the regular section as well.

OP
OP
F

FordRacing1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I buy everything off sonicelectronix.com I just want to know some good brands. I know alpine kenwood infinity are good but I didnt know if there was a cheaper good brand. they have 4 6x8 hifonics speakers with a 4 channel hifonics amp on SE for $189. any experience with hifonics?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
all of the above...they all have their entry level products and you can go with that. i'm more inclined to say sony, jvc, dual...

97ExpGuy

Reaction score
I have Infinity Reference speakers with the swiveling tweeters in the front and back doors and have been very pleased and quite content with the sound quality and available bass. Any aftermarket speakers will be an upgrade to the factory 6x8s - especially when driven with an aftermarket headunit or factory amplifier.

jmciver

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am in the process of replacing all of my speakers with Infinity Reference series, including adding a pair of tweeters in the D-pillars for a bit of rear fill. All of them will be driven by an aftermarket amp. I chose the Infinity Reference because they were a good mid grade speaker that are moderately priced (compared to the Infinity Kappas).

As others have said, just about any aftermarket speakers run by an aftermarket amp will be a step up from OEM even if you don't consider yourself an audiofile, including "premium" OEM speakers as well.

Tuffy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I buy everything off sonicelectronix.com I just want to know some good brands. I know alpine kenwood infinity are good but I didnt know if there was a cheaper good brand. they have 4 6x8 hifonics speakers with a 4 channel hifonics amp on SE for $189. any experience with hifonics?

I just ordered my amp from them. Except I ordered it off of eBay for $20 less and got free shipping (instead of the $15 they wanted) I did a lot of back and forward switching to make sure it was legit and not refurb or anything and the site was for real. Time will tell, the amp is supposed to be here Tuesday or so, so we will find out then. Just a heads up

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah i saved the site as well in my favorites...good prices...since i already have kicker in my doors...i'll add another set for the 3rd row...prob components and add 2 more sets of tweets with them for 1st/2nd row...thats all i'm missing...highs...then to finish the setup i'll get a fiberglass or plexiglass custom box...lit up w/green neon...yeah...thats nice...real nice...