Download TSB 07811 so I can print and take to a dealer shop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gregg Eshelman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All I've found is "Summary: HARSH 1-2 AND/OR 2-1 SHIFTS, TIP-IN HESITATION OR SURGE, AND/OR LONG ENGAGEMENT TIME. *KB"

NHTSA Item Number: 10022288

It definitely takes a long time to shift when moving from a stop, cold or hot. I had the local Ford dealer change the fluid and filters and put in a bottle of Lucas. That helped some but it still acts like it's slipping the shift. That Lucas additive is good stuff, it's fixed many slipping and slamming automatic transmissions for me, must be something extra 'special' with this Expedition.

I want to print the whole document so I can show the dealer shop that yes, there is an issue they should look at. They do good work, the problem is getting them to admit there's something to do.

They flat out lied to me once about there not being a recall on a 1997 Mountaineer when there was one for the leaking switch on the master cylinder. Which eventually leaked, causing ABS and cruise control to quit working. I noticed the leak then and replaced the switch myself. *Then* I checked online and oh look, the dealer shop should have told me and fixed it.