Driver side lean

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportsdad

Reaction score
I've searched and found nothing so I'll try here. I'm a single dad and big guy. I'm 6'7" and around 300 lbs. There has been one large person driving most of the life of this vehicle. Thus, it has developed a slight lean to the drivers side. Right now it's at 1/4" difference. I spend most of my time in a pickup so I'm familiar with this lean and I've either re-arched or replaced springs depending on the vehicle. What to do with this suspension boys? It's barely noticable now, but it will get worse. Needing advice, suggestions or remedies.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well quick question? 4x4 or 4x2? 4x4 ur in luck. torsion twist the left side a little bit. if its 4x2 u would need heavy duty springs. look around. i know that the police down here have some old 4x2 1st gen expeditions and they have some heavy duty bumpers on them. idk why but ive seen them. and the springs on the front are bigger and thicker then usual.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put 300 pounds on the passenger side? :D

Yea, try the torsion bar...

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah your in luck. just twist the torsion bar on the left side a little bit. get in it and have someone measure the 2 sides. then crank the torsion bar until its level while ur in it.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sounds like a pretty good plan to me. panda, where you find those expies at for sale around here? i would like to get one and start my SAS project....

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
idk where they r for sale. maybe some police auctions. then again i saw like 1 in OB and the other 2 i saw where in east county. in lakeside. but it was a few years ago. and they r probably sold already. then again craigslist for here always has expos for sale for cheap. or those government drug car auctions they used to have here, still do in la. u can get anything dirt cheap.