Driver's Door - Door Check - Door Stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ralph Campano

Ralph Campano

Reaction score
After thinking about this project a little more, I would recommend "fishing" a string though the boot hole and hole where the Door Check is placed before installing. The String should be attached to the part of the Door Check that bolts to the door. This should allow for ease of installation and retrieval if you drop the Door Check into the Body well like I did.

I got lucky with the magnet and also the Door Check did not fall to the bottom of the well. A string should help a lot. Especially since everything is so tight in the work area. I lost grip while trying to position door check into the final location.

You can tie the string to the Broken Door Check and the string will pull through as you remove it. Then you tie the String to the replacement Door Check to "fish" the replacement through to its final location.

croft1901

Reaction score
Ralph - thanks so much for sharing this. I have been having a hard time finding guidance on this project. I agree - it’s completely ridiculous that this part is so hard to swap. It will obviously break again. Fun times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muskytom

Reaction score
I might be 9 months late to the game, but you post is much appreciated! I have the same job ahead of me, saw the same video and learned the hard way, just because the chaises are the same it seems to stop there sometimes compared to the truck. Yeah, $30 part, but not looking forward to contorting under the dash again (in the middle of a full stereo gut and replace).

Thanks again for posting, the pitfalls and tips!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiev