Drivers door window works when it wants to

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Whats up guys, new to the expedition forum. Let me start off by saying you guys are awesome!!!! There has been times where i get stuck in the middle of a task but i dont worry because i know ill find it here. Anyways, back to the topic.

On wednesday night i changed out my two front speakers because of some horrible connection issue that would make the speakers crackle. All was done and had no problems. Thursday morning i went to run some errands, tried to put my windows up and they wouldnt go up. I did find another thread on this but i couldnt find a good answer. Anyways i did some troubleshooting. I put direct current onto the motor but no go either up or down. Then hooked the switch back up no up or down but heard the relay clicking. I was frustrated at this point so i left it as is.

Today i went to put my window up and voila!!! It works perfectly fine. I left it up to where i can replace the regulator assembly if i need to. Anyways, (sorry for the long story) can soneone help me figure this thing out? I maybe overlooked something!?!

door man

Reaction score
Could be as simple as the switch itself . .had the pRobles with my 97 . .take the switch out and take the top off . .them get a films on them sometimes that prevents good connection . . I just took a knife blade and scratchet both contact points til they were shinny and it works like a champ now

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Agree with above post.
Also could be the motor being you hooked directly to the motor or could be a ground problem Check the ground connections. Should be behind the kick panels.