Driver's ELECTRIC SEAT dead. Why?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skip

Reaction score
Hey I need some help. Today...wife pulls into garage. Electrically drives seat back so she can get out of the 1997 Ford Expedition.

Later I get in and the seat is DEAD. Nothing. I check the owner's manual, and several other sorces, thinking a fuse blew. No Info.

Nothing under the seat, no jam. No disconnected anything. A lot of collie dog hair but that's been here for years. NOTHING has ever gone wrong with this Expedition. Ever! 133k miles and still strong!

SEAT HELP? Ford is hiding something. A maga Fuse?
1~WHERE DOES SEAT GET IT'S POWER?
2~What protects the circuit?

Thanx [email protected]:p

F_Farkell

Reaction score
Mine "died" once. It was the connector under the seat. Looked o k
but was loose/ broken inside . Had to replace it with one from a junk [sorry salvage] yard. As far as I know just fused in main panel.
Hope that helps.

F_Farkell

OP
OP
S

Skip

Reaction score
Hey Farkell, well I did have a blown 40 amp fuse, but that was the running board/trailer thingy...All that works after I R&R the fuse.
I too was upside down looking at the bottom of the seat. First from the front, THEN!!! from the back. And what did I see? but one stinking broken wire, right at the spade clip, right inside a plastic connector bringing power to the up/down bi~motor. So I prised it apart and soldered the offending wire and now the electric seat works. Thanks for the reply. I went to my local Ford Dealer and he copied some wire diagrams/switch stuff for me. Just in case.