Driver's window issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cth777

Reaction score
Hello again- Today when I pressed the automatic down on the drivers window, it rolled all the way down and then began making a pretty loud, rhythmic banging noise. I eventually realized that it appeared that the window was trying to roll down farther even though it was all the way down. The window then would not go back up, but I opened and shut the door pretty hard to try and jostle it a bit (it was going to rain soon) and it went back up. Now anytime I lower the window all the way, this same noise begins. What is this, and what can I do to fix it?
Thanks
Charlie

71Rcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your only option is to remove the door panel and see what's going on. I believe there is a DIY writeup somewhere or a video on youtube that gives you a few tips on removing the door panel. I've never pulled one of the front door panels but have pulled a rear (expedition) panel. I don't remember anything really tricky about it. Let us know what you find in there.

oblivion

Full Access Members
Reaction score
To my knowledge theres a stop on the window rail motor that can come out of place and can cause this. You do need to go into the door to fix it. The panel is very east to take off.

Pop the door pull surround off and unscrew the pull itself, i think its a 10mm.
Pull the light cover on the lower section of the panel off and unscrew the super long screw there.
Pull off the sail panel at the top and unscrew on small screw there.
Pull up the window/lock controls and unclip. Inside the opening you will find another small screw to be unscrewed.
Grab the door handle and pull up and the door panel should pop off.
You will need to poop the bulb socket out of its place to get the panel all the way off.

Then look inside the door.

OP
OP
C

cth777

Reaction score
Yea I have taken off the door panels before in the front, I was just wondering if I should expect something that someone with basically no knowhow can fix or what.

Beardskii

Reaction score
Yea I have taken off the door panels before in the front, I was just wondering if I should expect something that someone with basically no knowhow can fix or what.

Same issue, kind of but not really. when the window on the drivers side rolls up i hear a "ping-ping-ping" echno like a rubber band being stretched tight is being plucked. and the if i don't put my elbow into the window after it is up it would seat properly. I have to seriously force it into place to get a better seal. any ideas?

B

bedrck46

place the window about half way open then grab the window and move it front to back and up and down You should get no movement when doing this or maybe just a very little movement anything more than that would indicate that the regulator should be replaced

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt