Dual Exhaust System Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SPreston2001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a 97 Expy with a 5.4L and tow package. I been looking for a new exhaust system to put on my beast so it can growl a little, but my question is can I put a dual exhaust system that comes straight out the back of the truck with the tow package installed? Every Expy I have seen so far has the dual exhaust coming out the sides behind the rear wheels, but I would rather have my tips ran out the back. Is this possible or do I need to remove the tow hitch package? Thanks

GRIP

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yea you can do it there are a couple on here give them time and they will lead you on the right path.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the tow package is anything like that of the F150's, then yea, you should be able to. It's all up to how they bend the pipes at the shop.

expeditionman

Reaction score
I have yet to find an dual exhaust kit for the 97 that runs straight out the back. I have actually gotten under mine and tried to figure out how to make one myself and it appears you need to figure out how to run it around the gas tank.....the tow package shouldn't be a factor.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'll probably have to have it fabbed up at a muffler shop.