EATC codes 16 & 76?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BRIANGEE

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'll be going after a vacuum leak on the AC system soon (it's 118F here right now so not too anxious to get under the hood right now) and thought I would run the EATC self test mode in the meantime. I get a 16 and 76 displayed on the screen at the same time. These codes do not appear in my factory manual nor any google search that I can find. Does anyone have any idea what this potato of a vehicle is trying to tell me?

Last edited:

Bain64

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I pulled this from another forum, but according to that post code 16 76 is Battery voltage out of range. How's the battery?

Bain64

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is supposedly from a 2004 Lincoln, guessing codes are similar
NCDHCaA.jpg

OP
OP
BRIANGEE

BRIANGEE

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks that's probably it. That code is probably hanging around from the time I changed out the alternator a few weeks ago.

OP
OP
BRIANGEE

BRIANGEE

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks, I dug into it a bit yesterday evening a checked the reservoir and it's good. I'm going to be replacing some aged lines here and there when I get more time. I'm just hoping it's not the panel actuator located in the dash.