eddie bauer door trim coming off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

neonblue1384

Reaction score
I need some advice the Eddie Bauer trim on both front doors are starting to come off the body shop says its the trim that's broken and I would need to replace them so I find myself with two options try to use some of that 3m trim adhesive and stick it back together or remove the trim off the doors. If I take the trim off will it leave holes in the door where that trim mounted? What do you guys think?

Sierra Lima1470

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I need some advice the Eddie Bauer trim on both front doors are starting to come off the body shop says its the trim that's broken and I would need to replace them so I find myself with two options try to use some of that 3m trim adhesive and stick it back together or remove the trim off the doors. If I take the trim off will it leave holes in the door where that trim mounted? What do you guys think?

Are you talking about the lower gold color cladding? If so, I would recommend just placing it back on with the 3M tape rather than removing it.

OP
OP
neonblue1384

neonblue1384

Reaction score
Yes I am and that's what I'm leading toward I just want it to be perminate so I don't have to mess with it again in the future.

Sierra Lima1470

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OP
OP
neonblue1384

neonblue1384

Reaction score
What about the 3m tape I guess that's what I had in my mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdecker

Reaction score
Just wondering how or if you fixed your problem. I'm having the same issue and found ford part #3L1Z78465K00AA It's listed as a "moulding repair kit" when it warms up I plan to order it, I'm not quite sure what it includes but it's only about $10 so I figure it's worth a try

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3M will be temp fix...u will have holes when u take it off...so I suggest in finding new pieces and get them painted...pull them off an xlt or another EB...bad thing is...our bumpers are tied to the trim in design so it will look crazy if you pull them off

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the trim is ABS plastic you can actually "weld" the crack shut using a soldering iron but you will need to probably hit it with paint to hide the small black line from the crack. There are a ton of how too guides on the internet on how to ABS weld. Its really easy.