Eddie Bauer vs Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2LMAKER

Reaction score
Hello
Not sure if this is correct forum here goes. I'm new to Ford so still learning the trim level differences.
Thought I had a 2008 EL limited purchased but deal fell thru. Now looking again. Found a 2007 EL EB loaded with all same options basicly as the limited I liked. What is difference between EB & Limited
Thanks
Rob

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Basic ones are monotone paint and interior. Limited will have most features standard that are optional on the EB, except Rear seat entertainment, NAV, and the likes.

jglopic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Agreed. Limited comes with a little more standard equipment, although not a lot. Main difference is appearance - EB has the gold-tone rocker panels and wheel-well arches, while the Limited is mono-tone (grills may be different, too). EB has dark accents on the interior (center console and door panels, I think), while the Limited is color-matched to the seats.

My wife likes the interior of the Limited better, so that's what we got!

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If we are just talking about the 07 and 08 models the only things you can't get on the Eddie Bauer that were "Limited Only" items are:

PowerFold Mirrors
Chrome Roof Rack
Leather/Wood Steering Wheel
10 way Power Passenger Seat
Body Color Mirror caps, Grille, Bumpers & Cladding
18" Chrome Clad Wheels
Blackout Headlights

Other than that everything else can be had on an EB that was available on a Limited, provided the option box was checked. Obviously there are differences like interior color and trim ( wood type ) The limiteds came standard with alot of stuff that were options on EB.

As the years go by, more and more stuff is not specific to Limiteds anymore.

Matt

OP
OP

2LMAKER

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply's. On another note is there any reason to go with 08 as opposed to 07 given equally equipped and priced vehicles? Except for a few options that are available for 08 ( rearview camera and power folding running boards) did Ford make any mechanicle upgrades. From my research it seems they came in 09.
Thanks again

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 07's have the old style heads w/plugs that usually break when removing. Ford changed to the newer style in late November 07 so the 08's built after that have the newer design.

Other than that I think mechanically they were identical.

Matt

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 07's have the old style heads w/plugs that usually break when removing. Ford changed to the newer style in late November 07 so the 08's built after that have the newer design.

Other than that I think mechanically they were identical.

Matt

The plugs were changed in late 08. I have an 08 and it has the two piece plugs. Well, had. I swapped them for the one piece version.

Honestly, the plugs shouldn't be a deciding factor. Just don't wait until 100K+ to change them.

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check your build date. The change was made in late 07 for model year 08's. You may have an earlier build 08, I would guess prior to 12/07.

I will see if I can find the notice from Ford.

Matt

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know it's an early build 08. They did the same thing with Mustangs.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk