edge cs custom tunes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcmaxx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone do custom tunes for edge cs anymore? Or custom canned tunes or anyway I can upgrade software? Pissed php won't do it

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You get what you buy with Edge, no custom tunes.
You can modify some stuff your self but not as good as a custom tune.
You just have to play with it a little,I think Baker on this site did some playing around. I've never got the chance to play with my Edge yet...

OP
OP
B

bcmaxx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, Ive played with all I can , but I'd like the a/f ratio a little richer, It's running a bit lean with the k&n intake

OP
OP
B

bcmaxx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So a word for the wise, make sure your power isnt suddenly going to go out while updated edge module on computer....I now have a $400 paperweight lol

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
I think people make way too much fuss about 'custom' tunes. In reality, unless your setup is radically different from the normal mods, you really don't need to spend the time and money on a custom tune.

Let's face it, most of us have basically the same setup. A cold air intake, perhaps headers, and a high flow exhaust. These are the same perimeters that companies like edge use when making up their tunes.

The times when a custom tune is needed. Engine swap in to a different vehicle, adding forced induction, etc.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Yes, Ive played with all I can , but I'd like the a/f ratio a little richer, It's running a bit lean with the k&n intake

Are you monitoring you air fuel ratio via a wideband?

The pcm should run stioch regardless of your mods while in closed loop. Curious what your indicated air/fuel ratio is while at W.O.T.?

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I think people make way too much fuss about 'custom' tunes. In reality, unless your setup is radically different from the normal mods, you really don't need to spend the time and money on a custom tune.

Let's face it, most of us have basically the same setup. A cold air intake, perhaps headers, and a high flow exhaust. These are the same perimeters that companies like edge use when making up their tunes.

The times when a custom tune is needed. Engine swap in to a different vehicle, adding forced induction, etc.

Agreed.

And a custom tune truly only works if you datalog and/or dyno the particular vehicle its on to dial it in.
Not worth the time or money unless its significantly modded.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bcmaxx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you monitoring you air fuel ratio via a wideband?

The pcm should run stioch regardless of your mods while in closed loop. Curious what your indicated air/fuel ratio is while at W.O.T.?

I dont have a wideband installed, justgoing off plug readings. put about 3000km on a set of plugs after cai, pulled em and they are white. the old wones were light tan.

DetroitDarin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I used troyerperformance.com for my F150 - they sent an interview along with the order and custom-tuned the programmer based on my goals. VERY HAPPY with them and their work; albeit I have no baseline - the SCT they sent was right-on for my needs.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I dont have a wideband installed, justgoing off plug readings. put about 3000km on a set of plugs after cai, pulled em and they are white. the old wones were light tan.

Plug readings are not very accurate unless you shutdown immediately after running w.o.t. then pull them to read.

Otherwise what your reading is the plugs after it is has been running in closed loop @ stoich (14.64 to 1). Closed loop air fuel ratio would be unaffected by air intake.

Tan plugs likely just had more miles.