eh? little confused

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
peer pressure to get others to go with a fabtech...lol :p:p everyone does bodylifts and spacers and 35s but 37s comfortably is the way to go... could cram 40s in their but I love the 37s great ride and it doesn't get stuck... unless gas prices go up then it sits.... but still average mid 12s mpg wise:cheers:

OP
OP
99ebexpedition

99ebexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
see thats what i dont get. i first got the truck it was getting bout 14mpg then it sat for bout 2 weeks and i was getting 11.3 mpg. then winter came i didnt have heat so it sat for bout a month and i finally got it fixed and im now getting 7mpg. im hoping a new fuel fliter and spark plugs help a bit.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i agree, no problems with the 35's. as for your truck sitting, run a fresh tank of gas in with a bottle of drygas or heet (to remove condensation) and reset the computer.

majik, those steps that you have, are they the ones for the f150? i have been trying to find some of those but they dont make them for the expy specifically. are those for the crew cab f150?

OP
OP
99ebexpedition

99ebexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thank you.

NVY- i was looking thru old post and came across the thread where u tore ur truck apart for painting. and i was wondering what grit paper did u use for the lining. and what grit for the plastic

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
for the plastic, i just used 120 grit and a green scratch pad to rough it up a little. i suggest using an adhesion promoter and then finish it off with some clear. it will hold up better that way. as for the lining, i am assuming you are referring to the cargo area? i used 60 grit to sand it all down, then cleaned it with some acetone and used the herculiner bedliner kit. if you do this, i highly suggest doing SEVERAL coats to make it nice and thick. this will cut down on the road noise and make it a little more durable.

OP
OP
99ebexpedition

99ebexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah the liner im in love with it. i was thinking of doing it before i saw yours and then when i found the pics of yours it looked good but thanks.