Electric brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramsesfan13

Reaction score
Good evening guys and gals. I need some advice/suggestions/info on my 03 Expy XLT 4x4. I do have the towing package, (hitch, 2 plugs, etc.) I recently became President of a large soccer club in my city, and we have a 20' enclosed trailer for our equipment, golf carts, etc. I had to move the trailer across town, and will need to do so a few times a season. Of course, upon moving it, my brakes got a bit hot! The trailer has electric brakes, and I'd like to use that feature. Is there a way to tell if my truck has a connection somewhere for a brake controller, or plug-n-play? Is there such a thing? I don't need a super fancy one, but what do you all that use one recommend? Finally, I noticed the rear squatted a bit when loaded, so I figure I need some helper springs, or since it's got coil springs, do I need some air springs? I appreciate any and all comments. Thanks!

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i will try to answer is some kind of an order here

the brand of controller that i have always liked/used/ is Tokonsha, they voyager will suit your needs just fine i don't think you need the fancy ones... the tokonsha controllers use the pendulum ( the harder you hit the brakes the more power it sends to the trailer brakes) unlike the solid state ones which are all or nothings

on your model it should be pre wired for a plug and play set up and the plug will be behind the center dash ( i have seen some just above the accel pedal ) you will need to buy the pig tail along with the controller should be under $100 for both

as for the squatting you could try loading the trailer differently.. with out pictures it is hard to say if it is squatting more than it should... a WDH will help by moving some of the weight to the front axle of the expy, air shocks but i don't like adding extra stress to the shock mounts

hope this helps

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt