Electrical issues???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kingfamilyexpy

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had a problem with the radio staying on after you take the key out? I can disconnect the negative cable wait 5 mins put it back on and itll stay off but if I drive or just even start it it does it again? Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's a problem with the accessory delay switch. The relay may be stuck in the on position. Check connectors under the drivers seat and sill for corrosion.

OP
OP
K

Kingfamilyexpy

Reaction score
Okay i will deffiantely check that tomorrow. I also heard could be a door switch??? Is that a possibility

Glenn B

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had a problem with the radio staying on after you take the key out? I can disconnect the negative cable wait 5 mins put it back on and itll stay off but if I drive or just even start it it does it again? Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

Mine stays on until I open the door. Kinda odd but it’s consistent.

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It SHOULD stay on for ten minutes, or until you open one of the front doors. If it doesn't THEN you have an issue.

-Mike

BerndM

Reaction score
My radio will shut itself off after key is out when I open the DRIVER side door.
The passenger door does not shut it off. never has from day 1

OP
OP
K

Kingfamilyexpy

Reaction score
Well its the driver door after you shut it off and open door radio will stay and when you,have the car running the "door ajar" light is on and wont go off

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score