engine bay cleaned!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobertNol

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have to start getting better at taking before pictures, but here it the engine bay now that I've cleaned it up. The wiring was old worse and exposed in a LOT more places. Also I just installed the 5.4 cover the main battery fuse cover and the plastic cover over the radiator. I also used armoral to clean and shine all the plastic.

IMAG0057_zpsf6c9b7c4.jpg

Ward

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks great! Did you paint the lettering on the engine cover? I need to buy one for my expy, but I haven't seen any with color on them like that.

OP
OP
R

RobertNol

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I with swagga I believe it is a pi/non-pi head difference but I will say that I've only seen them on non-ok head motors and I would have thought they would have put that on the better motor. But I'm glad it's on the non-pi because it does look good.

Thanks ward it took me a good hour and a half. It was full of dust built up and dirt everywhere. You should have seen before it was a lot worse!!

71Rcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice! I got stupid one weekend and removed the flat plastic trim pieces under the wiper arms/windshield and the pieces over the radiator support, scuffed 'em up and shot them with Krylon 1613 black, which is the color I used on engine compartment semi-gloss black on the mustangs I used to restore. It looks just great when I open the hood. But I'm weird.

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks great! Did you paint the lettering on the engine cover? I need to buy one for my expy, but I haven't seen any with color on them like that.

my '97 is like that too, less the custom mod to make it fit around the s/c plumbing.

PanHandler.

OP
OP
R

RobertNol

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice! I got stupid one weekend and removed the flat plastic trim pieces under the wiper arms/windshield and the pieces over the radiator support, scuffed 'em up and shot them with Krylon 1613 black, which is the color I used on engine compartment semi-gloss black on the mustangs I used to restore. It looks just great when I open the hood. But I'm weird.

It's the little details that make a big difference.