EOTM Theme for June: Most MODS!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I apologize for being late with this, I havent been able to get on like i'd like. June is another month and have dubbed it "MOST MODS". So get your list out of what youve done to your truck and LIST AWAY!!!

Please number your mods one of two ways. 1)...2)...3)...or 23 mods total mods followed by what the mods are. As always, except for last month, submissions will end 3 days prior to end of month. June 27 is the last day, eastern, to submit photos and voting will begin the 28th...ending the 30th. Winner will be announced on 1 July. GOOD LUCK!!!

If you have any questions, concerns, or comments please let me know by PM or email at [email protected]

//SINGED//
FREEWAY

CR_Magruder

Reaction score
CR_Magruder: June ETOM Submission

Re-power mods should count... or so I'm thinking; maybe the moderators think differently, so I will defer to them.

My Expy is stock "except" for being re-powered. Stock wheels, suspension, paint, sound system, etc..

Here is the list of mods done so far to make the transplant:

1.Cut off stock motor mount cradles from the frame; re-weld shortened, gusseted versions back on.

2.Eliminated the in-tank fuel pump, replace fuel lines with Teflon.

3.Removed fuel filler neck and drilled out the “unleaded fuel” flapper/ diameter reducer with a hole saw and die grinder, then re-installed. Add “diesel fuel only” labels to inside filler door. Performing these mods caused me to grin nearly the whole time.

4.Removed the 4R70W transmission, replaced with a manual M5R2.

5.Modify transmission support member to hold up new manual trans.

6.Removed the transmission oil cooler and coolant tubes.

7.Re-wire transmission connector fitting on the PCM to communicate a neutral condition to PCM all the time.

8.Cut hole in floorboard for manual shift lever; fabricate boot; cut hole in console plastic side panel for the new shift lever.

9.Fabricated custom shift lever.

10.Shorten the back driveline and lengthen the front driveline, since the stock transfer case connected to the new transmission was a little further back than when original auto trans.

11.Remove stock brake pedal; replace with 2003 F-150 clutch & brake pedal.

12.Add hydraulic clutch slave cylinder and hydraulic line.

13.Re-wire “start in park or neutral” safety circuit to become “start with clutch pushed to floor” circuit.

14.Re-locate alternator to custom fabricated mount on 4BT Cummins engine.

15.Remove the stock wimpy battery cables and replace with 4-0 starter and engine ground cables.

16.Added battery heater, engine oil pan heater and coolant heater to engine.

17.Add air-to-air intercooler and related plumbing. Required modding the plastic cowling between the grille and radiator support panel.

18.Relocate power steering cooler (to make room for the intercooler).

19.Fabricate new coolant hose jumpers, tube and adapter fittings to/from engine and stock radiator.

20.Added electric fans to the radiator; thermal switch on the engine controls the fan relays.

21.Modify engine wiring harness by eliminating most every sensor needed for the 5.4L engine.

22.Re-locate crankshaft position sensor to new mount on the pulse dampener/crank pulley of the 4BT engine.

23.Re-locate the coolant temperature and oil pressure sensors to new fittings on the 4BT engine.

24.Remove stock air filter. Replace with bigger AEM filter and 4” aluminum intake tubing to turbo.

25.Fabricated new power steering tubes, fittings and hoses connecting stock steering gear to Dodge power steering pump on the 4BT engine.

26.Discarded the 5.4L “vacuum pump” and re-connected vacuum brake boost diaphragm to Dodge vacuum pump on the 4BT engine.

27.Remove catalytic converters, O2 sensors and all stock exhaust. Replace with custom 3” straight pipe, more or less following stock routing on the passenger side. This also includes fabricating a custom “cobra head” stainless steel sheetmetal fitting for the back of the turbo.

28.Relocate the A/C compressor to a new mount on the 4BT engine. This required reworking the inlet & outlet tubes that connect to the manifold.

29.Oh yeah, one more—liberated the stock 5.4L engine and replaced with a Cummins 3.9L 4BT engine. I did not include the following modifications in the list, since these were done to the engine, not the Expedition (but maybe they could be used for a tie-breaker?):
a. Modified the oil pan to not hit the front axle ring & pinion housing.
b. Fabricate new motor mounts to mate stock liquid-filled isolators to the modified frame mounts.
c. Added a Dodge combination vacuum pump and power steering pump.
d. Modified the crankshaft pulley / pulse dampener by machining the OD with notches for the crankshaft position sensor.

This concludes my entry for the June EOTM.

CR

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
tallsville: June EOTM Submission

just to see if i can remember my mods and see how many i have done.

1. spintech catback exhaust
2. k&n FIPK/CAI
3. Sound System
a. 1000w amp
b. 2 bravox 12" uxp's
c. pioneer HU
d. 0 gauge wire
e. gain/bass knob installed in dash
4. HID 8k headlights
5. euro designz foglights
6. 285/70/17 tires
7. limo tint on rear 5, dark tint on front 2