Erratic idle, what else i can check?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mic_1011

Full Access Members
Reaction score
wingrg did you check the line all the way in the back behind the throttle body. its kinda hard to see and to get to. i'm 6 ft and had to lay across the engine bay to get to it was completely off in my case and kept my expy from staying on. the next thing is to get a code reader even though its not throwing a code you might be able to pull one. this will help if its a bad coil. instead of changing all off them. the code will pinpoint which coil it is then you can just replace that one, also happened to me

OP
OP
W

wingrg

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Going to check first thing in the morning the pvc hose again im 6ft too and my delicate hand is too big lolololol but going to try again, can a yone direct me to a link on how to clean the MAF because i once clean my mustang IAC spraying some carb cleamer and a lot of dirt came out and fix problem, i dont konw if MAF is just the same take out and spray it, i really aprecite the reply's and always help here, The only code that i can get was TPS open i dont think thats can cause rough idle. TX

gijohn45

Reaction score
take the air cleaner off the maf and take a spray bottle of rubbing alcohol and just spray the inside... there is a little wire that gets dirty specially if you use a K&N air filter....

And yes the TPS can cause rough idle.

OP
OP
W

wingrg

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi to all, I just change TPS and clean MAF Sensor but the problem gets worse, I asume is the MAF i just spray a little with CRC cleaner and get worse, I going to take to the shop on monday to find out whats the problem, TX.

OP
OP
W

wingrg

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi guys,bring thebexpi to the shop they change the spark plugs to the factory ones thats reduce the erratic idle very well but not completly they want to replace all the cops but too expensive for me they ask 45.00 for ea, do you thing i can buy the complete set on ebay for 79.00 plus shipping or i have to go for OEM cops . Any review for ebay cops going to be apreciate tx.

OP
OP
W

wingrg

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Was just replaced , i dont see or find in the haynes manual that can be adjusted if it can i going to apreciate if you can send me any advice how to do it, tx