Excited to be here!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phoenix101703

Reaction score
My name is Kevin and I own a 2006 Ford Expedition XLT.

I have recently been customizing my ride by doing little things such as painting the interior trim an eggshell white to match my seats and I am really, really happy with the way things are turning out so far. Basically, I am here to learn what you all have done and to take what I learn and apply it to my ride.

Thanks for all your future help everyone!!!

Kevin S
2006 Expedition XLT
Silver/black trim
Grey/White interior
20" Chrome Wheels
K & N cold air intake

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sound like a nice ride, if you're into upgrading I definitely recommend upgrading the suspension. New shocks and sway bars will completely transform the ride.

OP
OP
phoenix101703

phoenix101703

Reaction score
any particular brand of shocks and sway bars you would recommend. Suspension is something I honestly know nothing about so I need a little help here....thanks

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bilstein and Rancho make the best shocks, they are expensive but you get what you pay for. For sway bars, different brands carry bars for different years, so I would recommend looking at the sway bar thickness, and getting the thickest bar you can find for your year. Not only will you be able to take turns faster without body rolly, the truck will just feel more solid when cruising down the freeway.

OP
OP
phoenix101703

phoenix101703

Reaction score
Thanks man! I am so stoked to go shoppin' for this stuff now. Since I got my car over 2 years ago I've been really impressed with the way that it rides already. I can't imagine how much better it can get with new shocks, swaybars, etc....but I can't wait to find out now! Thanks again....

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
www.stillen.com is where I got my sway bars from, they seem to have good prices and also have many other upgraded parts. If you decide to get the bilstein shocks they have a lifetime warranty and you won't ever have to replace shocks again. Have fun with the upgrades... I kicked myself for not doing them sooner.

OP
OP
phoenix101703

phoenix101703

Reaction score
Did you install everything yourself? If not, do you remember how much it cost (ballpark figure) in labor to put on both sway bars PLUS the shocks?

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you install everything yourself? If not, do you remember how much it cost (ballpark figure) in labor to put on both sway bars PLUS the shocks?

I got my shocks and sway bars installed at different times and different places so you might be able to get a better deal getting it all done at one place.

The sway bars were $100 each for only labor, coming out to $200 for labor on both. The shop I went to had an hourly rate of $100, so basically a shop will charge you 1 hour of work per bar, and if you can find a shop with a cheaper hourly rate then you will get a better price.

For my Bilstein shocks I think I paid $800 for parts plus labor plus tax, and I'm guessing that the labor was atleast $400 (about $100 per shock in labor). It's a lot money for shocks, but with a lifetime warranty and IMO the best performance on the market for trucks, I think it's worth it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoot701