Exhaust difference between springs and air ride?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Subcanis

Reaction score
Is there a difference in the exhaust systems between the air ride equipped and spring Expys?

Im looking at a Dynomax 17355 kit and they say it is not compatible with with air ride. I have a 99 XLT 5.4 that has been converted to springs/coilovers.

AbbadonTD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if you have been converted, you should be okay. SHOULD. I am no way an expert on the matter.

are you sure your converted? I didn't think that Air ride was an option on an XLT in 99, only on the Eddie Bauers. I think that is why you see the warning, in these years, the 5.4 was more often in the EB than the XLT, and the EB has air ride.

OP
OP
Subcanis

Subcanis

Reaction score
if you have been converted, you should be okay. SHOULD. I am no way an expert on the matter.

are you sure your converted? I didn't think that Air ride was an option on an XLT in 99, only on the Eddie Bauers. I think that is why you see the warning, in these years, the 5.4 was more often in the EB than the XLT, and the EB has air ride.

I assume so, coil overs in front and I have all the connectors zip tied up.