Exhaust upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thestiffone

Reaction score
Just wondering what would be my best option for exhaust upgrades from headers back. Currently have all stock exhaust except flow master muffler and aftermarket tip

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Best is to take it to an exhaust shop and have full duals put on.
No aftermarket kits, custom bent 2.5 duals. Dump the 4 cats for 2 high flows (I have Magna flows) Either Flowmaster or Magna flow mufflers ( I have 1 dual in dual out Magnaflow muffler) . I have headers but you don't need it .

OP
OP
T

Thestiffone

Reaction score
I have taken to an exhaust shop before and they told me i could not run duals since the gastannk is sitting on the driver side how do you have yours bent? What kind of headers do you have?

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have taken to an exhaust shop before and they told me i could not run duals since the gastannk is sitting on the driver side how do you have yours bent? What kind of headers do you have?

If you have a 1st gen expy they should be able to run the drivers side pipe right next to the passenger side pipe where the muffler was originally. They can install mufflers turned 90 degrees in that area and everything should fit fine. If you have a 2003 or newer, the pipes need to go underneath the rear suspension in order to work...

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok i took mine to a muffler shop and they told me they cant do the dual eqhaust coming out the back and to do a dual to single coming out the side would be $500 ... is it better to just buy a kit and have someone install it.. i am so confused when it comes to this area ... please help me ,,,

atle

Reaction score
don't know if you still need a reply.

go to another muffler shop, good shops can run dual out the back. the driver side will need to go up over and around the rear suspension. not a big deal.

i have a single in dual out magnaflow.

whipper

Reaction score
Can I remove the cats totally without issue on my sec gen 03 5.4 2 valve. I want to just unplug the o2,s in the exhaust. Will that hurt or help anything. Or do I have to fit the o2 sensors in the exhaust some were with the cats removed? I dont car about codes as the lights been on for years I just black it out. i know when its running good or bad.Also we dont have emissions test were I live so not a problem there. Any advice on wether I can remove the cats without adding a cat back would be great.