Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

King_Tut86

Reaction score
What kind of exhaust is everyone rocking? I'm looking at getting dual but not sure what brand I want to go with. I want to get the best sound possible. Also did you guys get it installed or do it on your own.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have heard that in order to do dual exhaust (one pipe out each side) you have to go underneath the suspension on the 2nd gens. Not a deal breaker, just pointing it out that if a shop says they won't do it, that is an option for them to try.

Most people have Flowmasters that I see. I like my glasspack, but I am in the minority when it comes to that. Here is a link to a thread with various options.

http://www.expeditionforum.com/f57/exhaust-videos-11164/

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have heard that in order to do dual exhaust (one pipe out each side) you have to go underneath the suspension on the 2nd gens. Not a deal breaker, just pointing it out that if a shop says they won't do it, that is an option for them to try.

Most people have Flowmasters that I see. I like my glasspack, but I am in the minority when it comes to that. Here is a link to a thread with various options.

http://www.expeditionforum.com/f57/exhaust-videos-11164/

This is correct...all the pics I found on the internet show the same thing...I've been to 5 shops and they all say the same...the option I'm going to do is drop the spare and run up in the middle then out to sides...only way....u could run smaller piping to make it fit but u hurt the benefits of duals

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One thing I missed the first time around is that your truck is lifted. You might have clearance to put the pipe over the lower control arms, but you would have to do some measuring at full articulation to make sure there is no chance of the pipe getting smashed up.

Like Freeway said, you could remove the spare and put it in the back of the truck or get a tire rack for the back of the truck. A member called Survival has a tire rack on the back of his, and I am sure you can find them online somewhere.

sk8ordie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i really like the Flowtech Afterburner i got. it has a lot less drone in the cab and has a better deeper rumble than the Flowmaster 40 i threw away.. .02

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there any reason that you couldn't run the pipes behind the running boards and come out in front of the rear tire?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right...not sexy

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
some shops dont like doing that because the exhaust fumes and the rear windows.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjuststeven