Expedition acting up......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nubia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well if he did it per the schedule the the plugs only have 14k on them.
I'm not sure how many miles these plugs have on them... I bought this one used with 100000. My last expedition was the an 07 which I put almost 400000 on it. I changed the plugs 4 times, once every 100000 miles. I believe that the issue after reading several people's comments is indeed the plugs / boots and springs. I'm not seeing and codes. I used blue driver for reading codes.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

BlueStangGT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree with what most have already said, start with the plugs. Went through the exact same thing with my 07 4WD that started exhibiting the same symptoms around 110k mark. New plugs fixed it right up!

Fred Valdez

Reaction score
Like others have said SPRAY penetrating oil and let sit for 15 minutes before pulling plugs... I understand now why this is a requirement as 2 plugs broke wile trying to do mine..

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not sure how many miles these plugs have on them... I bought this one used with 100000. My last expedition was the an 07 which I put almost 400000 on it. I changed the plugs 4 times, once every 100000 miles. I believe that the issue after reading several people's comments is indeed the plugs / boots and springs. I'm not seeing and codes. I used blue driver for reading codes.

Whoa....you ran a 3rd gen for almost 400k mi? What issues, if any major, and what schedule of preventive maintenance did you do?

Did she survive to be traded/sold or get junked?

nubia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Whoa....you ran a 3rd gen for almost 400k mi? What issues, if any major, and what schedule of preventive maintenance did you do?

Did she survive to be traded/sold or get junked?
I believe I had 438000 when I was traded it in. Looking at it or driving it you would never know that it had that may miles until you looked at the odometer. It Ran incredibly well. I ran full synthetic mobile 1 oil and used motorkote every other oil change for the entire time I owned the car which I bought with exactly 1, 300 miles. I traded it for a surban out of all things which I drove for two years until a recent accident on the highway. I love the Ford expedition and have owned them from the time the were first came out (1st generation). I got a heck of a deal on this 08 and figured what the heck, so I went back to the well. Fortunately, I had lots of parts for it since the 07 and 08 are mostly the same vehicle. I also do as much of the work on it as I can... Love to wrench on my own vehicles. I hope you like yours and have as much luck as I have!

vintageman

Reaction score
I'm going through this very same issue with the exact same symptoms. Do you have the part number for just the boots and springs? I'd like to purchase them on Amazon. I have an 08 expedition. I've had several models since they first came out (1st generation through 3rd) love these!

I don't have the part numbers but looking at Autozone website, the duralast brand stock number is CP044 for a package of 1 and the stock number for a package of 8 is 90044
With your 2007, the plug boots should be black. If by chance your 5.4 was built after 29 Sep 2007, you may have brown boots, the duralast stock number for a package of 8 is 90065
Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Tom

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe I had 438000 when I was traded it in. Looking at it or driving it you would never know that it had that may miles until you looked at the odometer. It Ran incredibly well. I ran full synthetic mobile 1 oil and used motorkote every other oil change for the entire time I owned the car which I bought with exactly 1, 300 miles. I traded it for a surban out of all things which I drove for two years until a recent accident on the highway. I love the Ford expedition and have owned them from the time the were first came out (1st generation). I got a heck of a deal on this 08 and figured what the heck, so I went back to the well. Fortunately, I had lots of parts for it since the 07 and 08 are mostly the same vehicle. I also do as much of the work on it as I can... Love to wrench on my own vehicles. I hope you like yours and have as much luck as I have!

Mobil 1 which one? Any other tricks?

Original engine, original tranny? Or was there a tranny rebuild at some point?

nubia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mobil 1 which one? Any other tricks?

Original engine, original tranny? Or was there a tranny rebuild at some point?
Mobile 1 high mileage and it had the original transmission.. Oh and motorkote which isn't an additive.. It's a friction reducer... Look it up motorkote.com I highly recommend it