Expedition Limited vs Platinum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twernst

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So how much better does the track ride w the CCD

And how much better was the ride with CCD on the Platinum vs the LTD it didn’t have the open. In the video he compares it to air suspension. Worth paying for if opting to the LTD?

The LTD I drove had the CCD, just less power. It was the actual seat that I couldn't get comfortable not he ride

twernst

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not me man... Im walking into that dealership, gonna tell them ‘aggiegrad05’ committed corporate espionage and forwarded the ‘Official Ford Expedition upgrade list’ against the wishes of the now exiled brochure producers. We will share this w the world!

WISH THERE WAS A LOVE IT BUTTON!!!!!!!

twernst

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I went with the Limited w/302A over the Platinum for one reason, the Limited’s ebony interior carried the color up into the pillar trim and headliner and that was more important than the massage seats and all the other little aesthetically pleasing differences. I loved the massage seats in my previous vehicles and that is the one thing I wish it had that it doesn’t but I’d still buy the Limited again without reservation.

I never noticed that until you just said it and then I went straight to Ford's website and WHAM its right there. I like open air feeling do you still get that in your LTD?

rcompart

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The interior is pretty expansive regardless and I didn’t notice a difference between my Limited and the Platinum. Plus, with the panoramic roof shade retracted, there isn’t much to be seen over head.

OP
OP
B

bkanic

Reaction score
bkanic - Going back to your first post here - CCD is not air suspension - it uses the magnetic shocks like GM does. I have it on my 16 and it gives you SPORT. NORMAL, and COMFORT settings. I use NORMAL 90% of the time. Sport tightens it up a bit but is best on smooth roads. Comfort gives you a bit more "cush" in the ride. A bit too floaty for me, especially at highway speeds over small rises and dips in the pavement. Good luck with your decision - I was about to pull the trigger on a new Denali but the towing capacity and better ride pushed me to the Ford. Not to mention about $12K less money!!

I think the sunroof is a game changer. I want that huge double panel. Denali is single pane, we will see but leanin towards ford

OP
OP
B

bkanic

Reaction score
I'm so glad I went with the Limited Max w/302A vs Platinum, sight-unseen.

I like less exterior chrome, I would have gone with the XLT FX4 if I could have added the 302A electronics. For the same reason I like the Limited grill better than the Platinum with its less shiny inner grill.

I have also never liked the wood grain trim look, going all the way back to when I was a kid and my dad bought a Ford Country Squire station wagon. After taking deliver, I really like the grayish grain trim panels. I also like the gray trim on the steering wheel vs the chrome.

Dennis
Now I have to double check the grill too! This thread is Hot!

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm so glad I went with the Limited Max w/302A vs Platinum, sight-unseen.

I like less exterior chrome, I would have gone with the XLT FX4 if I could have added the 302A electronics. For the same reason I like the Limited grill better than the Platinum with its less shiny inner grill.

I have also never liked the wood grain trim look, going all the way back to when I was a kid and my dad bought a Ford Country Squire station wagon. After taking deliver, I really like the grayish grain trim panels. I also like the gray trim on the steering wheel vs the chrome.

Dennis
The XLT and Platinum have the exact same amount of chrome on their front ends! Actually the XLT has more. It has 5 strips in the grille as the platinum only has four. The actual grille itself is much better looking on the platinum IMO. The “waffle” shape is much more refined.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not looking forward to the auto show next week specifically because it will make me hate my 2012. :(

I’ve seen em and still love my 07, if anything I appreciate it more, ours are the last of the big American, big motor, heavy steel truck like SUV kind that has been the embodiment of our auto spirit for decades.

Last edited: