Expedition Limited vs Platinum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm so glad I went with the Limited Max w/302A vs Platinum, sight-unseen.

I like less exterior chrome, I would have gone with the XLT FX4 if I could have added the 302A electronics. For the same reason I like the Limited grill better than the Platinum with its less shiny inner grill.

I have also never liked the wood grain trim look, going all the way back to when I was a kid and my dad bought a Ford Country Squire station wagon. After taking deliver, I really like the grayish grain trim panels. I also like the gray trim on the steering wheel vs the chrome.

Dennis
There is no chrome on the platinum steering wheel

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Saw this tonight at Asheville ford. Didn’t have a trim label on it and had no window sticker. It was very basic. Vinyl floor. Etc. It was the only one we saw there.2fB48VL.jpg

dq38Skd.jpg

OP
OP
B

bkanic

Reaction score
650E2FFC-6155-49D6-A346-8F383953069F.jpeg
Something I just noticed on this LTD model. There are 4 x 4 options missing. The Platinum has 4H And 4L as well as 2H and 4A
I remember seeing it at the dealership and talking about that. Why are they different?

Here's something I put together when I was shopping...perhaps it is helpful. I think (I did this several months ago) this reflects what is available on that trim level, not what is standard. For instance on the Ltd, you have to select the Driver Assistance Package to get the adaptive cruise, lane keep, etc.

Although I do note that the CCD (and I think the 360 camera and Park Assist) are available on the Ltd and my little chart doesn't reflect that.

View attachment 23377

OP
OP
B

bkanic

Reaction score
View attachment 23407
Something I just noticed on this LTD model. There are 4 x 4 options missing. The Platinum has 4H And 4L as well as 2H and 4A
I remember seeing it at the dealership and talking about that. Why are they different?

Well. Is this getting interesting. Just found a Limited with all 4 options

OP
OP
B

bkanic

Reaction score
Here is Limited w all four options?
Does his have something to do w the towing package?

585B0DC6-0877-493E-BE2F-DCAEA0AA2D26.png

7CB91914-FDAF-4BFD-A7C1-53FDD38BBD2B.png

twernst

Full Access Members
Reaction score
View attachment 23407

The 4L comes with the max towing or FX4 packages only. Otherwise it is 2H and 4H modes only.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you get the hd towing pkg, you get the two speed transfer case and lsd as well. If you want the 4l/4h option, you gotta get the tow option or the fx4 option.

OP
OP
B

bkanic

Reaction score
Here is Limited w all four options?
Does his have something to do w the towing package?

View attachment 23408

View attachment 23410
If you get the hd towing pkg, you get the two speed transfer case and lsd as well. If you want the 4l/4h option, you gotta get the tow option or the fx4 option.

Sorry the image w the brown trim was the platinum. The image w the grey was the Limted.
Platinum get all four options under what condition? Thx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1