Expedition newb questions here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thor294

Reaction score
Gfs dad has a 03 exped ... 5.4 EB edition. Deers like his truck, so I was curious on how well brush guards defend the front of these trucks from animal damage to the front?

Also. What's the typical price of used EB bumpers for 2nd gen EB expeditions? Anyone have a front and/or rear in NJ area? Can't post in wanted forum.

Thanks guys!

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gfs dad has a 03 exped ... 5.4 EB edition. Deers like his truck, so I was curious on how well brush guards defend the front of these trucks from animal damage to the front?

Also. What's the typical price of used EB bumpers for 2nd gen EB expeditions? Anyone have a front and/or rear in NJ area? Can't post in wanted forum.

Thanks guys!

Just a bolt on brush guard won't provide very much protection again a deer hit at high speeds but maybe slower speeds and a lighter deer I could see a full coverage of front fascia brush guard being somewhat helpful.. I think a company called Aries made a pretty good one you could look into, a little pricey for me though. (~$350 if I remember right)

As for the bumper cover in the front, it depends what you're looking for. If you just want a paint primed replacement cover for the truck you'll spend from $180-$300 I would say. It's definitely a bit more if you need it paint matched though and id say a regular private paint shop would charge you around $200 to put the paint on a primed bumper cover for you and prolly they would install the bumper for free. So my best guess is a total of around $400-$500 for new bumper painted and mounted. But mind you I've never had to deal with this issue so I could be somewhat off with the pricing.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/s...pwcid=gglpla&gclid=CMPHkqGd3coCFZIWHwod5YkDtA

Another option seeing as you put "used" in your question is to check out junkyards and pick and pulls for a replacement bumper but then you may still have to deal with some damage to it and changing the color so it's your choice.
Hop this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like 10k Watts said to you before you could browse on online for replacement bumper covers like fordparts, rockauto, and carid

OP
OP
T

thor294

Reaction score
I figured that with the brushguards, it looks like I would have to get one that almost has like a zombie apocalypse type of shovel below the "brush" around the headlights to save the bumper lol.

The replacement bumpers from rock auto and carID are usually the cheap plastic. Funny story, he hit a deer, we replaced it with said replacement bumpers, and he lightly grazed another deer (like a 10mph hit), and the bumper shattered. He then bumped his 2013 Sonata in the driveway (SIGH), and that one shattered, while the Sonata giggled at the truck with 0 damaged. So, since that happened, I've been looking for OEM bumpers because they hold up A LOT better, but 2nd gen Eddie Bauer in the NJ area are like gold. There are none in Harry's U-Pull-Its, and every time there is a part out on CL, the bumpers are already gone or damaged :(

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I figured that with the brushguards, it looks like I would have to get one that almost has like a zombie apocalypse type of shovel below the "brush" around the headlights to save the bumper lol.

The replacement bumpers from rock auto and carID are usually the cheap plastic. Funny story, he hit a deer, we replaced it with said replacement bumpers, and he lightly grazed another deer (like a 10mph hit), and the bumper shattered. He then bumped his 2013 Sonata in the driveway (SIGH), and that one shattered, while the Sonata giggled at the truck with 0 damaged. So, since that happened, I've been looking for OEM bumpers because they hold up A LOT better, but 2nd gen Eddie Bauer in the NJ area are like gold. There are none in Harry's U-Pull-Its, and every time there is a part out on CL, the bumpers are already gone or damaged :(

Prolly not really what you're will to pay but for around $1000 you can get this from a small company called Tactical Armor Group... See the pic
3fe74eaf4c159613e96b3c58c17ab0f6.jpg

This is a member on here "DetriotDarin"
I believe he paid $1200 for his bumper with all the options and it does require some modifications to fit the Expy.

OP
OP
T

thor294

Reaction score
hahaha yeah that is pretty serious. Looks awesome though! I guess that idea is out of the way unless I somehow manage to stumble upon one used at a good price or at the boneyard :p

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hahaha yeah that is pretty serious. Looks awesome though! I guess that idea is out of the way unless I somehow manage to stumble upon one used at a good price or at the boneyard :p

Lol figured. Same as me, as much as I'd love that bumper it's a bit pricey right now

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anupe