Expedition totaled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check Gators too if you don't use 4L... can be same price or often cheaper

F150s look niiiice, but them used prices are brutal high... also, they got worse weight distribution, so it's not gonna be a better truck even optioned up to the gills

And insurance should surely pay you more than a grand. Tell em to stuff themselves if they try

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I do have it fully insured with collision but I’m not expecting anything significant from the ins. Co. It’s a 2007, they will give me bottom dollar trade in maybe a grand or so.

Whao, who is your insurance carrier?

I've got State Farm & have had a few vehicle totaled over the years on both comp and collision claims. They gave me NADA clean retail - NOT trade. They even pro-rate taxes/tags paid for the year.

My agent has too many glass windows in his office to offer trade value.

Boose

2017 Platinum EL
Reaction score
Shame... glad you're all good though! there's something to be said for rolling in a suit of armor. Have fun with the shopping!

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help me out here, Anyone go from a regular length to an EL?

What I’m particularly wondering is if you noticed an large acceleration difference besides just a bit on the 5.4L. Will I regret not having a short bus with 3.73s? Also is the Limited standard with HD tow?

Last edited:

Boose

2017 Platinum EL
Reaction score
Can anyone help me out here, Anyone go from a regular length to an EL?

What I’m particularly wondering is if you noticed an large acceleration difference besides just a bit on the 5.4L. Will I regret not having a short bus with 3.73s? Also is the Limited standard with HD tow?

I went from an 05 regular to a 17 EL... not apples to apples by any means with the 5.4 compared to the 3.5. My 17 would blow the doors off my 05. Both with the HD tow package and 3.73.

OP
OP
JExpedition07

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went from an 05 regular to a 17 EL... not apples to apples by any means with the 5.4 compared to the 3.5. My 17 would blow the doors off my 05. Both with the HD tow package and 3.73.

I drove an 06’ before and it kinda felt like a slug. Idk if it’s the trans or what in those.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Man!! Sorry to hear, but the Truck Did it’s job. Glad you are OK!

Big fan of the EL! 15(Totaled), now the 17. Love the space. Drove a regular length and EL when we were looking at the 15, no difference seat of the pants between the 2.

Good luck on your search!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Plati

Reaction score
I’m half between what to do. I’m going to check out the Limited EL which is only a few years newer than my 07’. I also may go check out a 15+, don’t know if I need that payment right now.

F-150s are also tempting, not sure the 5.0 would do it for me or not. Guess I should test drive.
My EL is great as my camper with a bed in the back and the extra storage space. However .... parking, K turns, U turns, etc can be a bit of a pain. There are times I wish my home away from home was shorter.

mjp2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My EL is great as my camper with a bed in the back and the extra storage space. However .... parking, K turns, U turns, etc can be a bit of a pain. There are times I wish my home away from home was shorter.
Aftermarket tow mirrors make all the difference. I struggled to park the Expedition EL when I first got it, which surprised me as I was coming from a much longer Super Duty that I could squeeze in anywhere. Swapped out the mirrors and the additional visibility made the truck easily maneuverable.