Expie died

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy-IA

Reaction score
2004 Expedition XLT 4x4 with advancetrac.

Well folks it's been awhile since I've checked in, mostly because the Expy died an unexpected death. It's legs just quit working one day with zero indications that there was a problem. No ambition to move forwards anymore. Goes backwards like it's a child.

It was a sad day. That thing was comfortable!

Transfluid was dark red but didn't smell bad or burnt. It has some age on it 250K plus. It runs pretty good but has a slight vacuum leak I never got around to finding.

I don't have "permission" to post "wanted" ads but if you are near W/loo Iowa I want a used transmission.

For those Chevy haters out there I ran out and bought a 2002 Avalanche 2500 with a big block to replace the Expy. It's still out behind the barn though. I have way too much money invested in it just this past year to give up on it just yet.

OP
OP
R

Randy-IA

Reaction score
Still wondering what may have happened to my transmission. I live far away from a town with no car trailer so getting to a shop is not likely in the near future.

I saw on a different post that nearly the same thing happened to MWzd's expi (https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/fluid-leak-now-no-forward.55010/). But no resolution was given - if there was one.

I have a lot of irons in the fire and I'm not the fastest 67 year old on the block (I'm the only one within a mile of me so there's that though). But I would like to fix it especially if it may only be a sensor that crapped out.

I'd have to get the testing tools if they're necessary first however. But as I said, it's not the first priority right now. It'll probably still waiting on me once the real spring weather gets here.

Thanks!