Extended Warranties- who PRODUCES the best?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've read a crapload of reviews and some are obviously "staged" but it looks like

Carchex

Autopom

Endurance

Delta

American

Are the top 5.....has anyone had experience with any or recommends someone else? I get 3/36 from Ford BTB and want to take that out as far as possible considering that with all the high-tech employed on my '17 Expy. I drive 30-35K per year but it looks like the longest I can get at this point is 8/126 but this particular companies warranty(insurance) begins when the factory warranty expires.

Any input would be much appreciated, good or bad!!

Thanks guys,

jeff

bizkitjmd1

Reaction score
I was looking into Warranty Direct for my 07 Limited with 72k. They have a good rating with the BBB. The price quote I got was starting at $132 a month for 19 months. I just can't justify spending that much right now.

OP
OP
J

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The prices I got, from the "best" companies according to several hours of research are:

Most come with roadside(so does my insurance) & towing.

Carchex- 5yr/125K -$2,900 almost identical to the dealer pricing. Exclusionary Titanium plan, very good but very expensive & DUPLICATES 3/36 from Ford(runs concurrent so you in effect lose this coverage period)

Auto-pom- 2160 + 300 tech=$2,460 7yr/100K Exclusionary Ultimate plan, DUPLICATES 3/36 from Ford(runs concurrent so you in effect lose this coverage period)

Warranty Direct is a broker...for their ELITE plan, they use the AUTOPOM plan above and since they are a broker, you may save going dire3ct to Autopom!

Endurance- 6yr/125k- $2,862 Exclusionary Supreme plan DUPLICATES 3/36 from Ford(runs concurrent so you in effect lose this coverage period)

American 5yr/100K AFTER orig 3/36 is expired $2,510

Delta 5yr/120K AFTER orig 3/36 is expired $1,200 the coverage isn't nearly as good BUT its also nearly a third the price and does give you longer coverage.....

I hung up on the girl from Protect my Car because she was reading from a card and said "you 2017 Ford Expedition limited" just one too many times<LOL>

This is just what I found.....hope it helps you. I have contact info if you need it.

jeff

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
If it's not through your car manufacturer it's not worth getting. The sooner you realize that the better off you are.

FisherPete

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Back in the day I worked in a dealership that sold supplemental and extended warranties. As employees, we saw these products as profit centers. What really matters is who will accept these warranties as a source of payment.

Even big name brand insurance companies are not welcome for direct service payment at some locations. I recently had accident work done on my Expy after being run into by a Mini. The Mini had Geico insurance. My Ford dealership body shop wouldn't accept payment from Geico. I guess that helps keep premiums down, but it sure won't help get my car fixed!

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Even big name brand insurance companies are not welcome for direct service payment at some locations. I recently had accident work done on my Expy after being run into by a Mini. The Mini had Geico insurance. My Ford dealership body shop wouldn't accept payment from Geico. I guess that helps keep premiums down, but it sure won't help get my car fixed!

This is a different matter. No auto body shop should be accepting payments from the other party's insurance company. It would put them them in a precarious legal position. Your insurance company should be paying the shop and the other party's insurance company should be paying your insurance company. Now if a given shop won't accept payment from any insurance company or from a specific company because they've had problems with company in the past, that's another matter as well.

OP
OP
J

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
"As employees, we saw these products as profit centers"

Agreed but evidently, some people enjoy feeding the dealers bottom line but who am I to judge.

I bought a 3rd party 7yr/125k BTB policy when years ago I bought my SLK and never had issue, ever. As a mech friend said, was a good move for a car whose trans alone costs 7K to replace.

I may go with the cheap one just to get the major stuff covered out eight years considering I've own three of these now and know what can happen....and if I never need it, that's fine too since it's only $1200 & he called last night offering $100 worth of "car wash vouchers"...tells me he's still "workable" but we'll see <LOL>....cheap peace of mind.

jeff