Extended warranty……?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Breadman

Reaction score
I’ve searched but don’t see a direct answer. Subject vehicle is a 2021 STX Exp. With about 31,000 on the clock. Curious as to how many turbo/transmission issues are actually being encountered. Never have purchased an extended warranty in my 40 plus years of car ownership but reading posts here, gets me thinking. Thinking about a power train extension to 10 yr. 100,000 miles. Cost is a little over 1200.00 from granger, 200.00 deductible.

Any polls as to how many failures as %?

Any polls as to how many have extended warranty?

CoolViper777

Reaction score
We just picked up a 2019 Exp Platinum with 22K miles. We also added the top Ford Extended warranty that covers pretty much everything, including LED lights, etc, till about 100K, or 6 years, for about $2k.

The reality is, on this type of vehicle, with so much electronics, and ECU's, and lighting, if even a small thing goes bad, the warranty will likely have paid for itself.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We just picked up a 2019 Exp Platinum with 22K miles. We also added the top Ford Extended warranty that covers pretty much everything, including LED lights, etc, till about 100K, or 6 years, for about $2k.

The reality is, on this type of vehicle, with so much electronics, and ECU's, and lighting, if even a small thing goes bad, the warranty will likely have paid for itself.

6-year started from when?

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After reading a few things on all new vehicles, when I looked for a used Platinum and found my 2019 Certified Platinum, it came with a 7-year 100,000-mile powertrain warranty. Peace of mind for close to 4 more years.

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I generally don't go for the extended warranty but when I bought my new '23 SPP, I got the 120,000 mile/10 year warranty. With all the electronics and the post-covid labor woes/auto strikes, I figured it would be cheap peace of mind. The electronics of these machines is amazing, but only if they work all the time.

roast

Reaction score
I've never purchased an extedended or additional warranty until I bought my 2019 Expy Platinum a few weeks ago. Tomorrow the truck is at the dealer to fix the cam phasers, 360 camera and a terrible water leak from the rear hatch.

2019 Expy Max had 101k km, warranty was $5700 for 3 years or 60k km.

Brad6294

Reaction score
After reading a few things on all new vehicles, when I looked for a used Platinum and found my 2019 Certified Platinum, it came with a 7-year 100,000-mile powertrain warranty. Peace of mind for close to 4 more years.
7 year - 100K total, or up to?

Mediamonkey11

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
We too bought a 75K mile, 7 year bumper to bumper warranty for our 2020 Platinum Max that had 32k miles when purchased. paid $3800. Too many electronics, and JUST a factory led headlamp alone costs 1500 lol

SunnySunshine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone know how much one of these warranties will cost in California? It seems Granger and Zeigler Auto Group won't even offer plans to Cali. I think I remember a few years ago talking about how California passed a special law so the regulations are a bit different. My dad is picking up our new Expedition soon and I'm thinking about getting an extended warranty plan too considering the amount of electronics on the new vehicles.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire