Factory sub replaced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbanks

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you much JBANKS
only thing though, like your Navigator, mine has the same MACH 460 system and it is suppose to be 460 watts not 200 watts... I did tear the amp down and I can see two burnt spots on amp...so I was looking into those " BOSS" amps and are rated pretty well.
I'm at a cross road here, I have an awesome system I can install but did not want to put in this expedition due to the area I live in for one, and its a huge job to install my larger system. I'm leaning towards either finding the factory replacement amp, in junk yard or craigslist.com or running a 60.00 buck amp up straight. I would have already bought the factory replacement but cant find one yet, if you know of where I might find one please post it here. oh and I did try EBAY but they only have the whole speaker box and amp for about 150.00....ok thanks again. take it easy and not to greasy!! lol

jbanks

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The whole system maybe be 460 watts. But, I guarantee you the subwoofer amp is not. I tried doing a search to see if anyone said what the wattage on the sub amplifier was. There were some message board posts that looked promising but, they were old and linked to pages that were not available anymore. :( BUT! They are on the web archive:

MACH 460 Audio System by Visteon Aftermarket Operations

Mach 460 Information

This stuff all looks like it relates to Mustangs. So I'm guessing we don't really have a Mach 460 system but some variation of it.

It looks like the mustangs have all of the high frequency amplification at the front of the vehicle and the low frequency in the rear(even for the doors). I know the Navigator/Expedition amplifier has all of the amplification for the doors done in the amplifier at the front of the vehicle. The amplifier in the back only drives the sub.

Reaction score
Thank you much " JBANKS " This helps me big time. when it comes to wiring up after market amp this will come in handy...

I located an AMP in my state from a junk yard, the guy took the cover off so he could look it over to make sure NO burnt spots on amp like my amp.

Thank you again for all the help...

Mediamonkey11

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I will be taking out my Mach system, the whole thing other than the door speakers (Deck, CD Changer, Amp, Sub, Sub Box), and will be selling them in the near future... Only thing is it may be a couple of weeks until I do, not sure if this helps...