Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 6 ply or 10 ply on 18s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

calcarriers1

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I order the complete Rough Country 3 inch lift for my 22 Slealth Max and now I'm deciding on rims/wheels. I'm looking at some 18x9 with 285/70/18 tires and notice that the Falken Wildpeaks come in 6 ply and 10 ply. The only reason I want a 6 ply is because would assume the ride quality is better. We live in the country with decent roads so it won't see real offroad ever and will only see our 25ft 6500lbs Tritoon boat for few months in the summer so don't NEED the 10ply. Does anyone have 6 ply is similar size? Even experience in going from one to another or vice versa? Thanks!

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I went from load C to Load E, but different tire manufacturers. The Load E is heavier and stiffer. If you don't think you need it, you probably don't. I got it because my camper is 7K and I wanted more stability and puncture resistance. I don't do any off-roading, but I got what I wanted. The ride quality is fine if you air the tire down slightly. I had been running them at 45, but dropped to 42 and it made noticeable improvement in ride quality. If you're only towing the boat short distances, you should be be with the Load C. My area has tons of construction, so I kept getting punctures. I was also very wary of getting a puncture with the camper hooked up.

OP
OP
C

calcarriers1

Reaction score
Appreciate the reply and don't blame you for being worried when camper hooked up. Safety and nobody wants a flat when just trying to get to the lake to enjoy the weekend haha.

fordperfaddict

Reaction score
get a C ply tire. E is overkill. i prefer a C on my raptor as well. E just stiffens it up too much and they are heavy. you can tow fine with the XL stock tire as well