falling apart

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just like the title suggests me expy is falling apart. first off ball joints where very bad so bad that they where causing major vibration on highway. replace them thats fixed. then i started getting that famous cv axle pop noise from the front while turning. replaced cv axle and its still there... only thing left is hub bearings? and then the best part of all the ac started blowing warm plus my ac is stuck on defrost but who cares if it blows hot air when its 116 degrees outside. my buddy is ac certified blah blah blah haha he has the gauges to properly charge and monitor high and low pressure. the best part is. i have high pressure readings on both high and low sides, ac compressor took a crap and its lookin like i am going to have to replace the whole ac system. like 500ish bucks in parts o and then my ac will still be blowing out the defrost.

best part is im sitting around 90,000 miles on odometer. so i get to find messed up vacuum line for ac plus replace system and replace hub bearings i figured lets say a grand should do it. my 95 s-10 blazer with 220,000 gives me less problems aaarrrggghhh

tmajikman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just like the title suggests me expy is falling apart. first off ball joints where very bad so bad that they where causing major vibration on highway. replace them thats fixed. then i started getting that famous cv axle pop noise from the front while turning. replaced cv axle and its still there... only thing left is hub bearings? and then the best part of all the ac started blowing warm plus my ac is stuck on defrost but who cares if it blows hot air when its 116 degrees outside. my buddy is ac certified blah blah blah haha he has the gauges to properly charge and monitor high and low pressure. the best part is. i have high pressure readings on both high and low sides, ac compressor took a crap and its lookin like i am going to have to replace the whole ac system. like 500ish bucks in parts o and then my ac will still be blowing out the defrost.

best part is im sitting around 90,000 miles on odometer. so i get to find messed up vacuum line for ac plus replace system and replace hub bearings i figured lets say a grand should do it. my 95 s-10 blazer with 220,000 gives me less problems aaarrrggghhh

Do you play in the mud alot?

I have 203,000 on my 99 and so far I have only had to replace the alternator, I had an issue with no freon, but I may have caused that, I looked over every inch of the truck and can not find a leak (could be a leak behind the dash)

But, all and all, my truck has been very good to me, and I don't always drive her nice either.

OP
OP
2000eb

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
no not really i dont like mud i got her muddy once and spent hours trying to clean the engine compartment she actually gets treated nice its the ac part the most that ****** me off

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
mine now has 243k on it and really for something with that many miles it is in really good shape and runs great,

yeah i had to do the ball joints and inner tie rods and the tranny was done at 173k by the previous owner...

if you fix it and take care of it these things will last a very long time but you have to be maintence freak...

as for an ellusive leak in the a/c

look and the pressure switch on top of the dryer just got a little oily nothing i would have thought of but had to use a sniffer to find it

and what is wrong with the compressor???

did the clutch just go out? or did it sieze all together if it did than yes major problems but if it is just the clutch replace the clutch and continue

OP
OP
2000eb

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have have really high pressure readings on the low pressure side. first i used my little gauge that i still have from when i charged the ac on the blazer, the cheap gauge that comes with most large cans of freon and it maxed it out. my buddy actually has ac pressure gauges where you check both the low and high pressure lines and the low pressure line maxed out his gauge and the high pressure line was slighlty lower then what its supposed to be. i cant remember the exact readings right now but he said its a sigh that the compressor is takin a crap

tmajikman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would get the freon vaccumed out, go to junkyarddog.com, get a used compressor, install it, recharge the system, recheck for leaks and let it ride. If you get the compressor replaced before it lets go then you won't need to replace other components in the system, if the compressor does let go it contaminated the whole system with trash

OP
OP
2000eb

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thats what my buddy was saying because of the pressure readings he think it did let go and contaminated the system. he was going to check the filter? not sure where it is he said if we see debris in it where screwed if not he said hopefully we can just replace compressor. he was going to do it this weekend but my wife and i where dying to take a trip to the mountains to beat the heat we left mesa az at noon at 115 degrees and within 3 hours where in show low az at 68 degrees then saturday afternoon we took a drive to sunrise ski resort which was about 45 min to an hour further away and it was 48 degrees. i love az drive four hours and go from 115 to 48 in one day. my wife is from tn and counldnt believe it. so truck got put on hold haha im ready to throw a match at it. my corolla is damn near "totalled" and runs like the day i brought it home. o so perfect and still got 34 mpg vs. 14 on highway compared to truck. i was gettin 44mpg before i wrecked it and destroyed my aerodynamics and broke my home made ram air.

im gonna have to check out that junkyard website

OP
OP
2000eb

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
guess what i found out my warrant is still good for another thousand mile ching ching ching. im gonna try to get my door switch fixed ac system replaced and hub bearings replaced. hopefully monday we will see how it goes

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i'm starting to get a real light pop from the front end. we put it up on the rack yesterday, i'm gonna need upper control arms and an idler arm..in the next 5-7k miles its nothing bad yet. i guess those gravel roads took there toll in the early part of its life. 75k miles here. on the plus side everything else is tighter then a college freshman :p