False Low washer fluid indication

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DAMN_FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone ever get false Low Washer Fluid indications on an 03?

She has 6K miles and is already starting to do Ford stuff. Usually, Ford's wait 'il the warraty is over before they start acting up.

G

I don't know if I would call it a 'false' reading. I just think it's calibrated wrong...mine goes off as soon as 1/3 is gone.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My 03 has been showing the same signs since day one. I just top it off and it stops going off. However, if there is a fix or adjustment, I would like to knwo about it. I just don't have time to take the car in now.

OP
OP
D

DAMN_FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep, when I top it off, it stops showing low. It was only down a third as well. Thanks.

Hmmmm, I don't have time to wait two days for them to fix it either. Especially when they don't give you a driver while it is worked on. I will wait till there are more problems.

mm7759

Reaction score
My 2000 did the same thing. Kind of a pain....just got used to it after while. Plus in CO, it's probably good to keep filled anyway.

bnvus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine also. 1/3 low and it is signaling me to fill it up.

Glad they didn't do that for the gas tank!

G

Same thing happened to us 2 days after we drove off the lot in 2000 .... even toped it off . Called dealer with the problem, scheduled and appointment to be taken in. They told me it was the sensor gone bad. I was told they would order it and install it (as it was covered under warranty) and so they did. No problems with it since....