Fan noise from heated seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steveg_nh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did a quick search with no luck, so I want to ask if any of you have noticed fan noise when running your heated seats. On my '14 Limited, I just started noticing it the other day. Maybe it's always been there and I just never heard it, but when the heated seats are turned on, you hear a quick start up of a fan, and then it seems to pulse off an on periodically. Is this normal, or did something go wrong with my truck?

I really don't remember it, except with the cooled seats. I definitely hear a fan with the cooled seats and that makes more sense, as you need to move the air for the cooling effect. I figured with heated seats, it's just warming through convection.

It's not that loud, and is hardly noticeable. You have to be quiet with radio off to hear it, so more than anything, I'm just double checking that I don't have a problem all of a sudden, a short, etc., and that this is normal.

Thanks.

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes fan noise is normal at least on mine and every one I've rented.

OP
OP
S

steveg_nh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hmm...never heard it before with the heated seats. Cool though, I figured. Thanks.

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
may want to check the air filters and make sure they are not plugged up causing the fan to work hard.

OP
OP
S

steveg_nh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The in cabin filters? I wold be surprised if they were dirty. Truck only has 7000 miles. I just think I didn't hear it before.

OP
OP
S

steveg_nh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I had no idea there were filters on the seat fans. Good to know. And I too can only hear it on high, so sounds like all is normal. I must have just not noticed it before.

Thanks!